[Numpy-discussion] fromfile() -- aarrgg!

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Jan 12 02:37:57 CST 2010

ma, 2010-01-11 kello 16:11 -0800, Christopher Barker kirjoitti:
[clip]
> "If no conversion is performed, zero is returned and the value of nptr
> is stored in the location referenced by endptr."
>
> off do do some more testing, but I guess that means that those pointers
> need to be checked after the call, to see if a conversion was generated.
>
> Am I right?

Yes, that's how strtod() is typically used.

NumPyOS_ascii_ftolf already checks that, but it seems to me that
fromstr_next_element or possibly fromstr does not.

> PS: Boy, this is a pain!

Welcome to the wonderful world of C ;)

	Pauli