[Numpy-discussion] Wanted: new release manager for 1.5 and above

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Jan 13 23:02:47 CST 2010

Hi,

as I already hinted to some people in person, I won't make new
releases of numpy (and scipy) as I used to. To ease the transition, I
think it would be good to have new people with who we could make say
the 1.4.1 release together. Making installers is relatively
streamlined now, it can be done almost 100 % automatically - the
testing is still manual.

I still think it would be a good idea to have a different release
manager for each release - it may be easier to find someone to do it
if it is only for one release cycle.

cheers,

David