[Numpy-discussion] numpy on windows 64 bit

Robin robince@gmail....
Mon Jul 5 06:19:20 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:09 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

> Short of saying what those failures are, we can't help you,

Thanks for reply... Somehow my message got truncated - I had written
more detail about the errors!

>> I noticed that on windows sys.maxint is the 32bit value (2147483647
>
> This is not surprising: sys.maxint gives you the max value of a long,
> which is 32 bits even on 64 bits on windows.

I just got to figuring this out... But it makes some problems. The
main one I'm having is that I assume because of this problem array
shapes are longs instead of ints (ie x.shape[0] is a long).

This breaks np.random.permutation(x.shape[1]) which I use all over the
place (I opened a ticket for this, #1535). Something I asked in the
previous mail that got lost is what is the best cross platform way of
doing this?
np.random.permutation(int(x.shape[1]))?

Actually that and the problems with scipy.sparse (spsolve doesn't
work) cover all of the errors I'm seeing... (I detailed those in a
seperate mail to the scipy list).

Cheers

Robin