[Numpy-discussion] BOF notes: Fernando's proposal: NumPy ndarray with named axes

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Tue Jul 6 11:13:31 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Joshua Holbrook <josh.holbrook@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I really really really want to work on this. I already forked datarray
>> on github and did some research on What Other People Have Done (
>> http://jesusabdullah.github.com/2010/07/02/datarray.html ). With any
>> luck I'll contribute something actually useful. :)
>
> I like the figure!
>
> To do label indexing on a larry you need to use lix, so lar.lix[...]

FYI, if you didn't see it, there are also usage docs in dataarray/doc
that you can build with sphinx that show a lot of the thinking and
examples (they spent time looking at pandas and larry).

One question that was asked of Wes, that I'd propose to you as well
Keith, is that if DataArray became part of NumPy, do you think you
could use it to work on top of for larry?

Skipper