[Numpy-discussion] A release for python 2.7?

Peter numpy-discussion@maubp.freeserve.co...
Sat Jul 10 06:51:36 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke@uci.edu> wrote:
> On 7/9/2010 7:11 AM, Peter wrote:
>> I was going to ask if someone could build Windows installers for
>> NumPy 1.4.1 on Python 2.7 (to facilitate 3rd party packages which
>> use NumPy and want to support Python 2.7 on Windows).
>>

> To build numpy 1.4.1 for Python 2.7 you need at least to apply changeset
> 7926 [1] and followups. Releasing 3rd party extensions compiled against
> this version of numpy is not a good idea because those binaries will
> likely be incompatible with any later official release of numpy for
> Python 2.7, which will use PyCapsule instead of PyCObject [2].
>
> [1] http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/changeset/7926
> [2] http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2010-June/051239.html

Thanks for the info - I was perhaps unclear, I'm waiting for an official
NumPy windows installers for Python 2.7, and agree we shouldn't
release binaries dependent on a self-compiled pre-release.

[The same applies to NumPy windows 64 bit installers, but from
talking to David C at EuroSciPy 2010 that will take a while due to
Fortran compiler issues for SciPy.]

Regards,

Peter