[Numpy-discussion] update on the transition to git/github

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Jul 13 22:33:59 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> How should we handle commits during the next week or two? I have a few
> things I want to get in before 1.5 is tagged.

Just keep committing as normal using svn for now.  Once we are ready
to make the transition (which includes having documentation for
windows' users posted and having received positive feedback during the
testing phase), we will announce a commit freeze and make sure the
time is OK for everyone.  During the testing phase and up until we've
actually made the transition, the only place where committed code
counts is in the svn repo.  Once the testing phase has successfully
been completed, the testing git repo will be deleted.  Then when the
commit freeze starts we will make the svn repo read only.  At that
point David will create a new git repo from the svn repo and host it
on github.  At that point forward, the svn repo will remain read only
so that no one can mistakenly write to it.

I hope that makes sense (I just got back from the Euroscipy conference
and didn't get any sleep on the plane).

Jarrod