[Numpy-discussion] isinf raises in inf

Thu Jul 15 19:55:42 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Just to clarify, I'm not using the sun compiler, but gcc-3.4.3 on
> solaris
> >> x86
> >
> > Might be related to this thread.  What version of numpy are you using?
>
> svn HEAD (2.0.0.dev8480)
>
> After reading the thread you suggested, I tried forcing the
>
>  CFLAGS=-DNPY_HAVE_DECL_ISFINITE
>
> flag to be set, but this is apparently a bad idea for my platform...
>
>  File
> "/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py",
> line 5, in ?
>    import multiarray
> ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
> /home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so:
> symbol isfinite: referenced symbol not found
>
> so while I think my bug is related to that thread, I don't see
> anything in that thread to help me fix my problem.  Or am I missing
> something?
> ____

In the thread there is a way to check if isinf is in the library. You can
also grep through the python include files where its presence should be set,
that's in /usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h on my system. If it's present,
then you should be able to apply David's
fix<http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/changeset/8455>which amount to
just a few lines.

Chuck