[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation problem

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Jul 24 17:09:12 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Jonathan Tu <jhtu@princeton.edu> wrote:
>> If you install shared libraries into a directory which is not looked
>> in by default by ld, you should add it to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, e.g.:
>>
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH python -c "import numpy"
>>
>> David
>
> Ok, that makes sense to me.  I tried to see what the current value is by doing
>        echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

It is very possible that you don't have it defined by default on your
platform. The undefined variable may be a peculiarity of the cshell -
the instructions I gave you assumed a bourne shell or compatible.

David