[Numpy-discussion] First shot at svn->git conversion

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Jul 26 03:44:52 CDT 2010

Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:57:36 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> I have finally prepared and uploaded a test repository containing numpy
> code:
>
> http://github.com/numpy/numpy_svn

Some observations based on a quick look:

1)

$ git branch -r
  origin/maintenance/1.1.x_5227
  origin/maintenance/1.5.x/doc/numpybook/comparison/pyrex
  origin/maintenance/1.5.x/doc/pyrex
  origin/svntags/0.9.6_2236

These don't look right?

2)

Would it be possible to get real Git tags for the tags in SVN?
Perhaps in addition to the svntag/

Although, I must admit, I don't remember any more the rationale for the
svntags/ thing. Was this because some of them contain commits that are
not part of any other branch? How much do we lose if we just drop the
svntags/* stuff (it clutters up the branch -r output)?

3)

Some people have their SVN commit account in format forename.surname --
it might be OK to translate this to "Forename Surname" even if we do not
hear back from them?

	alan.mcintyre
	chris.barker
	chris.burns
	christoph.weidemann
	darren.dale
	paul.ivanov
	tim_hochberg

Also, Ralf has the Git ID in format "rgommers <...email...>", but I guess
that's correct?

For other people (eg Pierre GM, Michael Droettboom) who might still be
active contributors in the future, it could be nice to know what Git ID
they are going to use.

	Pauli