[Numpy-discussion] numpydoc broken with sphinx 1.0

Mon Jul 26 15:46:28 CDT 2010

Hi there,

I just wanted to mention that numpydoc is broken with the latest sphinx
release. I had a quick look, but could find how to solve the problem, so
I am just pointing it out here:

The trace is:

# Sphinx version: 1.0b2+/3fed33465259
# Docutils version: 0.6 release
# Jinja2 version: 2.3.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/sphinx/sphinx/cmdline.py", line 172, in main
    warningiserror, tags)
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/sphinx/sphinx/application.py", line 116, in
__init__
    self.setup_extension(extension)
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/sphinx/sphinx/application.py", line 253, in
setup_extension
    mod.setup(self)
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/scikit-learn/doc/sphinxext/numpydoc.py", line
120, in setup
    app.add_directive('np-' + name, wrap_mangling_directive(name,
objtype))
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/scikit-learn/doc/sphinxext/numpydoc.py", line
140, in wrap_mangling_directive
    base_directive = get_directive(base_directive_name)
  File "/home/varoquau/dev/scikit-learn/doc/sphinxext/numpydoc.py", line
137, in get_directive
    raise RuntimeError("No directive named '%s' found" % name)
RuntimeError: No directive named 'function' found

Indeed, there is no 'function' in the directives._directives
dictionnary..

Gaël