[Numpy-discussion] First shot at svn->git conversion

David david@silveregg.co...
Wed Jul 28 04:17:04 CDT 2010

On 07/28/2010 05:45 PM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:17:27 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> [clip]
>>
>> I put a new repostory (same location)
>
> Some more notes:
>
> - 1.1.x branch is missing.
>
>    This is maybe because in SVN something ugly was done with this branch?

No, that's because I made a mistake the rule file...

> - Something is still funny with some of the tags
>
>    $ (for tag in `git tag`; do V=`git log --oneline $tag \
>       |head -n200|wc -l`; echo "$V $tag"; done)| sort -n
>    2 v1.1.0
>    2 v1.1.1
>    2 v1.1.1rc1
>    2 v1.1.1rc2
>    3 v1.0b1
>    200 v0_2_0
>    200 v0_2_2

That's exactly the problem with converting svn "tags" to real tags -
there is no reason that the tag corresponds to something in a branch
with the way svn works. But here the issue is a mistake one my end. We
have a small enough number of tags so that we can check them by hand here.

I am updating the repo as we speak,

David