[Numpy-discussion] Problem with importing numpy in Ubuntu

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 28 22:40:49 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> The official Python 2.x unicode story is well explained here:
> http://docs.python.org/howto/unicode.html
>
> and here is the corresponding document for 3.x:
> http://docs.python.org/release/3.1.2/howto/unicode.html

Just in case you're still thirsty for more info on Unicode... :)

Min Ragan-Kelley just did a great summary writeup of these questions
from a low-level perspective: for pyzmq we need to handle strings
(i.e. unicode) at the python level, but efficiently and unambiguously
communicate with a networking layer written in C.  We spent a lot of
time thinking about this, and his writeup is a great resource for
anyone who needs to look at this from a C/low-level angle:

http://ptsg.berkeley.edu/~minrk/zmq/unicode.html

This adds a view that isn't made very explicit in any of the docs I'd
previously sent.

Cheers,