[Numpy-discussion] Datarray sprint July 28, 2010

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Thu Jul 29 12:06:01 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Join us for a datarray sprint on July 28. Several of us will meet at
> UC Berkeley from 2pm (Pacific Time) until our fingers bleed from
> typing or until 6 or 7pm, whichever comes first.
>
> If you can't be there in person, grab an item from the issue tracker
> or create your own. I'm told some of us will hang out on IRC #scipy,
> so we can coordinate there.
>
> A datarray is a subclass of a Numpy array that lets you label the axes
> and label the elements along each axis. Our target is to get this into
> Numpy. We are currently in the prototype stage, so this is a good time
> to jump in.
>
> code: http://github.com/fperez/datarray
> issue tracker: http://github.com/fperez/datarray/issues

At the end of the datarray sprint we released datarray 0.0.3:

download: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/datarray
doc: http://fperez.github.com/datarray-doc

We did two things:

- Put datarray in standard package form (added setup.py, license,
directory structure, etc)
- Bug fixes

What we did not do:

- Communicate well with those we invited to join us through IRC. I apologize.

Going forward we would like to:

- Move the repo from Fernando's personal github account to a datarray
account. But we do not know a way to move a github repo along with all
its meta data (fork queue, issue tracker etc).
- Merge the work that has already been done by others.

Going forward, if pull requests contained a single issue (we did not
discuss this, just my guess) it would be easier to merge. Now that we
have an issue tracker, opening an issue helps too.