[Numpy-discussion] cython/swigpyrex examples and docs

Sat Jul 31 20:57:40 CDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Bill Spotz <wfspotz@sandia.gov> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2010, at 12:32 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>
> > How about removing the swig html and pdf docs, and then including the
swig/pyrex/cython dirs as-is? In setup.py:

> Note that the html and pdf documents are created from the txt file using
the docutils utilities rts2html.py and rst2latex.py.

Yes, that's why I propose to remove them. We have the sources in the repo
and building the docs is easy. We do not keep pdf/html of any other docs in
the repo. Everything else in the swig directory can then be included in the
distributed binaries/tarballs, but the built docs would increase the size of
the tarballs by 10%, which is a lot.

Cheers,
Ralf