[Numpy-discussion] Serializing numpy record array

Vishal Rana ranavishal@gmail....
Sun Jun 13 19:52:20 CDT 2010

I created a record array (from strings and floats) with no dtype defined as:

ra = np.core.records.fromrecords(sq_list, names=("a", "b", "c"))

ra.a is found to be of type numpy.float64, when I serialize it using pyamf
under Mac OS X it works great but under ubuntu 10.04 it fails. Looks like
serialization is failing for type numpy.float64. Is the any work around, I
was trying to set dtype=object is that ok?

Also how can I set same dtype (for eg. object) for all a, b, and c?

Thanks
Vishal Rana