[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy: could not read symbols Bad value error

Michael Green mishagreen@gmail....
Sun Jun 20 16:30:04 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you checked the actual configuration that was used to compile lapack,
> *not* the command line flags. I never had with success with the automatic
> builds using the compressed files. Also check the actual installed libraries
>
> <snip>

Yeah, the make.inc does have the -fPIC option:

FORTRAN  = gfortran
OPTS     = -O2 -fPIC
DRVOPTS  = $(OPTS)
NOOPT    = -O0 -fPIC
LOADER   = gfortran
LOADOPTS =

And of course I see that -fPIC is actually being used:
gfortran  -O2 -fPIC -c zsysvx.f -o zsysvx.o
gfortran  -O2 -fPIC -c zsytf2.f -o zsytf2.o
gfortran  -O2 -fPIC -c zsytrf.f -o zsytrf.o
Warm regards,
Michael Green