[Numpy-discussion] timeseries - dates prior to 1970

Bevan Jenkins bevan07@gmail....
Sun Jun 20 18:28:17 CDT 2010

Pierre GM <pgmdevlist <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 10, 2010, at 7:16 PM, Bevan Jenkins wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have posted previously about dates prior to 1900 but this seems to be a
> > seperate issue.  The error message is definitley different.
> > I can not seem to convert a timseseries from one frequency ('D') to
another
> > ('H') when i use dates prior to 1970 as shown below.  This works fine when
> > use a date after 1970.  Is this something that can be easily fixed or work
> > around that I can use? Thanks
>
> I've started a git branch (http://github.com/pierregm/scikits.timeseries-
sandbox) to test some
> changes on scikits.timeseries, in particular improved support of high-
frequency dates before the unix
> epoch. Please give it a try, let me know how it goes. If all's fine, I'll
port the changes to the SVN site
> (which until further notice remains the official source for the scikits).

I downloaded the git branch, I had to use the Download
pierregm/scikits.timeseries-sandbox at master via a zip file as I have not
managed to get Git to work at Uni yet.
After deleting the old scikit I built and installed the new version but I am
still getting the same error.
I notoiced you had some new tests to dealing with high- freq dates before the
unix epoch.  When i run
ts.test() i get
Ran 0 tests in 0.000s

OK

So I imagine I am doing something incorrectly.