[Numpy-discussion] Documentation error in numpy.random.logseries

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jun 26 15:55:41 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net> wrote:
>> numpy.random.logseries(p, size=None)
>>
>> but the parameters section,
>> Parameters:
>> loc : float
>> scale : float > 0.
>> size : {tuple, int}
>> Output shape. If the given shape is, e.g., (m, n, k), then m * n * k
>> samples are drawn.
>>
>> Notice that p <> loc and what about scale.
>>
>> I'll file a ticket unless I am mission something,
>> Which should it be loc or p
>> What about scale.
>
> I was looking at this page
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.random.logseries.html#numpy.random.logseries
>
> To partially answer my own question
> np.random.logseries(p=.923456789, size=(3, 2))
> array([[31,  1],
>       [ 2, 38],
>
> "loc" is not valid,
> "scale" is not valid

this might be a copy-paste error, logseries is tested against scipy.stats.logser
I will check it, but I think you are right and loc, scale should be
replaced in the docs by the explanation of p.

numpy-discussion is the right list for this.

Josef