[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random.poisson docs missing "Returns"

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jun 26 17:03:24 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something is systematically wrong if there are this many problems in the
> numpy.stats docstrings: numpy is supposed to be (was) almost completely
> ready for review; please focus on scipy unless/until the reason why there
> are now so many problems in numpy.stats can be determined (I suspect the
> numpy.stats code has been made to call the scipy.stats.distributions module,
> and all those docstrings have been marked "Unimportant" - meaning do not
> edit - either permanently, in the case of the instances, or temporarily in
> the case of the base classes from which the instances are created).
>
> Bottom line: if it doesn't start w/ scipy, leave it alone (for now).

It's missing in several functions and incorrect docstrings have to be
corrected. Look at the log of e.g. pareto in the editor, the returns
have never been added, unless you find any missing revisions that are
not in the doc editor.

Josef