[Numpy-discussion] multiprocessing shared arrays and numpy

Jesper Larsen jesper.webmail@gmail....
Wed Mar 3 08:31:29 CST 2010

Hi people,

I was wondering about the status of using the standard library
multiprocessing module with numpy. I found a cookbook example last
updated one year ago which states that:

"This page was obsolete as multiprocessing's internals have changed.
More information will come shortly; a link to this page will then be
added back to the Cookbook."

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/multiprocessing

I also found the code that used to be on this page in the cookbook but
it does not work any more. So my question is:

Is it possible to use numpy arrays as shared arrays in an application
using multiprocessing and how do you do it?

Best regards,
Jesper