[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy Windows Superpack

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Mar 3 08:48:07 CST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Patrick Marsh <patrickmarshwx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I'm about out of ideas.  Hopefully someone on here has an idea as to
> what might be going on.
> 1.  I am still unable to build the windows superpack using pavement.py, even
> after making sure I have all the necessary dependencies.  However, the good
> news is that pavement.py now recognizes where the Atlas binaries David
> provided are located.  The output from "paver bdist_wininst" is located
> here http://patricktmarsh.com/numpy/20100302.paveout.txt.

That's a bug in the pavement script - on windows 7, some env variables
are necessary to run python correctly, which were not necessary for
windows < 7. I will fix this.

> 2.  Since I couldn't get pavement.py to work, I decided to try and build
> Numpy with sse3 support using "python25 setup.py build -c mingw32
> bdist_wininst > buildout.txt".  (Note, I've also done this for building with
> Python 2.6.)

You should make sure that you are testing the numpy you think you are
testing, and always, always remove the previous installed version. The
matrix error is most likely due to some stalled files from a previous
install

David