[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy Windows Superpack

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx@gmail....
Wed Mar 3 08:53:12 CST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Patrick Marsh <patrickmarshwx@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 1.  I am still unable to build the windows superpack using pavement.py,
>> even after making sure I have all the necessary dependencies.  However, the
>> good news is that pavement.py now recognizes where the Atlas binaries David
>> provided are located.  The output from "paver bdist_wininst" is located
>> here http://patricktmarsh.com/numpy/20100302.paveout.txt.
>>
>> 2.  Since I couldn't get pavement.py to work, I decided to try and build
>> Numpy with sse3 support using "python25 setup.py build -c mingw32
>> bdist_wininst > buildout.txt".  (Note, I've also done this for building with
>> Python 2.6.)  This works and I'm able to build the windows installer for
>> both Python 2.5 and 2.6.  (The output of the build from Python 2.5 is here
>> http://patricktmarsh.com/numpy/20100302.buildout.txt.  However, when I
>> try to run the test suite (using "python25 -c 'import numpy; print
>> numpy.__version__; numpy.test();' > testout.txt"), Python 2.5 runs, with
>> failures & errors, whereas Python 2.6 freezes and eventually (Python itself)
>> quits.  Since I'm unable to generate the test suite log for Numpy on Python
>> 2.6, I'm working on the (incorrect?) assumption that the freezing when using
>> Python 2.6 corresponds with the failures/errors when using Python 2.5.  The
>> Python 2.5 numpy test suite log is located here:
>> http://patricktmarsh.com/numpy/20100302.testout.txt.
>>
>> It fails on importing tempfile, that may be unrelated to numpy. What
> happens if you run python in a shell and do "import tempfile"?

Tempfile imports with no errors with both Python 2.5.4 and Python 2.6.4.

> Cheers,
> Ralf

Patrick Marsh
Ph.D. Student / NSSL Liaison to the HWT
School of Meteorology / University of Oklahoma
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
National Severe Storms Laboratory
http://www.patricktmarsh.com