[Numpy-discussion] Recommendation on reference software [Re: setting decimal accuracy ... ]

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Mar 3 16:44:27 CST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 16:26, Marco Tuckner
<marcotuckner@public-files.de> wrote:
>> I suspect a different algorithm, you can tell timeseries.convert how you
>> want it to interpolate -- who knows what excel is doing.
> does this mean that you are questioning Excel or more neutrally
> Spreadsheet programs?

We are not questioning its accuracy, not yet at least. You just
haven't told us exactly what calculation that you are trying to make
it do.

> What software would you recommend as reference to test Python packages
> against?
>
> R-Project?

Sometimes. It depends on exactly what you are trying to test.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco