[Numpy-discussion] Memory leak in signal.convolve2d? Alternative?

David Reichert d.p.reichert@sms.ed.ac...
Tue Mar 9 18:13:26 CST 2010

Hi,

Just another update:

signal.convolve and signal.fftconvolve indeed do not seem to have the
problem,
however, they are slower by at least a factor of 2 for my situation.

Moreover, I also tried out the numpy 1.4.x branch and the latest scipy svn,
and a short test seemed to indicate that the memory leak still was present
(albeit, interestingly, memory usage grew much slower), but then something
else stopped working in my main program, so I converted back to scipy 7.1
and numpy 1.3.0 for now.

I might have confused things somewhere along the line, though, I'm
not an expert with these things. Maybe other people can confirm the problem
one way or another.

Thanks,

David