[Numpy-discussion] Memory leak in signal.convolve2d? Alternative?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Tue Mar 9 19:05:52 CST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM, David Reichert
<d.p.reichert@sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just another update:
>
> signal.convolve and signal.fftconvolve indeed do not seem to have the
> problem,
> however, they are slower by at least a factor of 2 for my situation.
>
> Moreover, I also tried out the numpy 1.4.x branch and the latest scipy svn,
> and a short test seemed to indicate that the memory leak still was present
> (albeit, interestingly, memory usage grew much slower), but then something
> else stopped working in my main program, so I converted back to scipy 7.1
> and numpy 1.3.0 for now.
>
> I might have confused things somewhere along the line, though, I'm
> not an expert with these things. Maybe other people can confirm the problem
> one way or another.

I ran your convolve2d example for a few minutes without any increase
in memory with numpy 1.4.0 and scipy svn that is about 2 months old

Josef