[Numpy-discussion] Help!!! Docstrings overrun by markup crap.

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Sun Mar 21 08:47:50 CDT 2010

On 3/21/2010 12:47 AM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> dashes would be also ok, but I don't think rst would recognize them.

It does.
But again, a definition list (using indentation)
is also a list structure.  It needs no markup
besides the indentation.

> My main problem with rst is that it doesn't allow hard line breaks,
> which forces some kind of markup to render lists.

Not true: you can use preformatted text if you want.
But of course the result in not a list environment (e.g.,
in HTML or LatTeX output).

Alan Isaac