[Numpy-discussion] Help!!! Docstrings overrun by markup crap.

Sun Mar 21 09:53:14 CDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Both look sort of okay, but are abusing the syntax.
> >
> > What do you think about the following:
> > 1. Do not use lists with multiple indentation levels, it just doesn't
> look
> > good and should not be necessary.
> > 2. Use dashes for simple lists.
>
> both fine with me, we can convert asterisks to dashes
>
> > 3. List with multi-line items are broken only inside the
> Parameters/Returns
> > sections. This is a bug and simply needs to be fixed. (this would fix
> both
> > of your examples)
>
> Does this mean if this bug gets fixed, then we wouldn't need the extra
> empty lines between list items?

Yes. The following works in the Notes section, but not in Parameters:
- item one
- item two
  this is a multi-line item
- item 3

> Currently, the rendering in the doc editor view for item lists has
> also wrong indentation
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.ndarray.transpose/
> but the html looks ok
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.ndarray.transpose.html

Html looks fine indeed. It should still look like that once that bug is
fixed.

Cheers,
Ralf