[Numpy-discussion] Array bug with character (regression from 1.4.0)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Mar 21 17:29:11 CDT 2010

su, 2010-03-21 kello 16:13 -0600, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
> I was wondering if this was related to Michael's fixes for
> character arrays? A little bisection might help localize the problem.

It's a bug I introduced in r8144... I forgot one *can* assign strings to
0-d arrays, and strings are indeed one sequence type.

I'm going to back that changeset out, since it was only a cosmetic fix.
That particular part of code needs some cleanup (it's a bit too hairy if
things like this can slip), but I don't have the time at the moment to
come up with a more complete fix.

Cheers,
Pauli