[Numpy-discussion] Array bug with character (regression from 1.4.0)

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Sun Mar 21 18:06:06 CDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> su, 2010-03-21 kello 16:13 -0600, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
>> I was wondering if this was related to Michael's fixes for
>> character arrays? A little bisection might help localize the problem.
>
> It's a bug I introduced in r8144... I forgot one *can* assign strings to
> 0-d arrays, and strings are indeed one sequence type.
>
> I'm going to back that changeset out, since it was only a cosmetic fix.
> That particular part of code needs some cleanup (it's a bit too hairy if
> things like this can slip), but I don't have the time at the moment to
> come up with a more complete fix.

That fixed it for me, thanks for getting done quickly.

What's amusing is that I found it because pupynere was failing to
write files where a variable had an attribute that consisted of a
single letter.

Ryan

--
Ryan May