[Numpy-discussion] draft release guide

Tue Mar 23 19:49:50 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov>wrote:

> Ralf Gommers wrote:
> > At http://github.com/rgommers/NumPy-release-guide you can find a summary
> > of how to set up your system to build numpy binaries on OS X. I still
> > have to add info on scipy (that's turning out to be fairly painful) but
> > for numpy it is pretty complete.
> >
> > Any feedback is appreciated!
>
> We really don't want to supply binaries for python 2.5 anymore?
>
> (maybe this will get me to finally switch!

That's fast, I was hoping to get away with that one!

I discussed a bit with David, and he suggested to not make 2.5 binaries for
scipy 0.7.2 and then see if there was still any demand. It's a lot of work
with perhaps not so much return. Of course a maintenance release of scipy
with no new features may be a different story from a new release of
numpy/scipy. So by no means is this decided or even publicly discussed. I do
want to point out that we have not provided 2.4 binaries for a while without
much demand.

So now the question: who still wants and uses 2.5 binaries?

Cheers,
Ralf