[Numpy-discussion] Hiring: Software Developer, Scientific Applications
Wed Mar 24 18:44:34 CDT 2010
Enthought is hiring a Software Developer.
See the description below, or on our website: http://www.enthought.com/company/sd-scientific-app.php
Scientific Computing Solutions
The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the
development of scientific and technical applications involving GUIs, 2-
D and 3-D graphics, workflow and pipeline architecture, and numerical
algorithms. The position also involves some interaction with
clients. Some travel may be required.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in recent
graduates. Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a
strong background in science and mathematics, as well as real
experience developing quality software, either commercial or open
source. More experienced applicants should also have demonstrated
project management skills and the ability to lead a team of strong
developers with highly technical backgrounds.
Applicants will be measured against the following qualifications:
• (Required) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other
scientific or engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
• (Required) Minimum 2 years of technical lead or development
experience with 4 or more years preferred.
• Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and
implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist or
• Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable,
documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to others
who later study your work.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to satisfying the customer.
• Experience with Python, and a strong understanding of how to apply
its capabilities to develop GUI frameworks, work flow frameworks, and
elegant scientific applications.
• Strong understanding of statistics, optimization, image processing,
signal processing, or other technical area.
• Experience with the following:
• GUI frameworks such as NetBeans or Eclipse
• wxPython, Qt
• Low-level 2-D graphics APIs such as Quartz or GDI+
• 3-D graphics, preferably using VTK
• Developing or working with plotting APIs
• Experience using (and interest in contributing to) SciPy
• numeric algorithms
Enthought offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to work on
varied and interesting technical projects. We are located in Austin,
TX, consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the US.
Benefits include health, dental, vision and a 401k plan.
If you are interested in applying, submit a resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Code samples and links to previous work are
encouraged but not required.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion