[Numpy-discussion] Making a 2to3 distutils command ?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Mar 30 08:47:13 CDT 2010

ti, 2010-03-30 kello 07:18 -0600, Ryan May kirjoitti:
> Out of curiosity, is there something wrong with the support for 2to3
> that already exists within distutils? (Other than it just being
> distutils)
>
> http://bruynooghe.blogspot.com/2010/03/using-lib2to3-in-setuppy.html

That AFAIK converts only those Python files that will be installed, and
I don't know how to tell it to disable some conversion on a per-file
basis. (Numpy also contains some files necessary for building that will
not be installed...)

But OK, to be honest, I didn't look closely if one could make it work
using the bundled 2to3 command. Things might be cleaner if it can be
made to work.

	Pauli