[Numpy-discussion] Path to numpy installation

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Nov 1 12:45:43 CDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:35, Juanjo Gomez Navarro
<juanjo.gomeznavarro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have just updated my old version of numpy 1.01 to the version 1.5 in
> my Mac. The problem is that the system does not seem to recognize the new
> version.
> When I type print numpy.__path__ I get
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy
> But the new version I have just installed is in
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy
> I don't know
> how to change the path of the installation, or how to say python to search numpy in the new path
> Any idea???

When you run "python", apparently you are picking up the system's
Python executable in /System/Library, not the other Python interpreter
that you installed under /Library. You need to adjust your $PATH
environment variable to put
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin before
/usr/bin. Then when you type "python", you will get this installation
of Python and all of its libraries.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."