[Numpy-discussion] ANN: NumPy 1.5.1 release candidate 1

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt@gmail....
Tue Nov 2 06:10:25 CDT 2010

Hi Ralf,

2010/11/1 Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Friedrich Romstedt
>> <friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I found some issues on Mac OS X 10.5 ppc in py2.5.4:
>
> Can you please check if this takes care of all test failures you
> reported: http://github.com/rgommers/numpy/commit/2ac0be7171f.
>
> If not can you please adapt the patch a bit to make it work (should be
> straightforward)?

Your patch was fine, except for that you spelled 'powerpc' as 'ppc'.
This applied
also to numpy/core/tests/test_umath_complex.py, see the commits here:

http://github.com/friedrichromstedt/numpy/commits/maintenance%2F1.5.1-ppc-knownfails

I'm not sure if they should be marked as knownfailure instead of being
skipped.  Looks like legacy to me, as if knownfailureif didn't exist
at the time the tests were written.

I don't know if there are PowerPC platforms out there which return
"ppc" from ``platform.processor()``.

Could this apply also to other files?

The naming of the branches is of course discussable.  We can change
this before pulling.  Does it apply to 1.5.1 only or also to master?

Friedrich