[Numpy-discussion] about SIMD (SSE2 & SSE3)

qihua wu staywithpin@gmail....
Sat Nov 6 07:51:27 CDT 2010

I used the following command to install the numpy to enable the SSE3
numpy-1.5.1rc1-win32-superpack-python3.1.exe /arch sse3

Then how can I know whether numpy is running with SSE or not?

I have a program to process the data from sql server using java to process
600M rows, it takes 7 hours to complete, about 4 hours is eating the cpu. I
am wondering whether I can port the java to numpy to cut the 4 hours to
2hours or even less by enabling the SSE3. Any comment?