[Numpy-discussion] Problems testing the floating point flags

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe@gmail....
Sun Nov 14 14:29:12 CST 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good point. I was trying to keep the fpeclear in front of the code to be
> tested.

Yeah, I hadn't considered that possibility too seriously.  Hopefully as long
as the compiler doesn't see a reason to reorder, it's fine.  Compiler
optimizers are difficult to trick, they work quite well these days.  I
believe the reason it reorders in the case of this bug is that it notices
that by shifting the divide down to the bottom, the control flow path
returning an error never needs to do the divide, and will thus run faster.

-Mark