[Numpy-discussion] Regrading Numpy Documentation ...

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Tue Nov 16 00:42:34 CST 2010

On 15 November 2010 14:15, srinivas zinka <zinka4u@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
> I just downloaded the following zip file:
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy-1.5.x/numpy-html.zip
> When I try to search for some thing (e.g., "array"), it keeps on
> searching (see the attached file).
> At the same time, I am able to search the HTML files downloaded from the
> python website:
> http://docs.python.org/
> This is only happening on my Ubuntu system. But, on Windows, I have no
> problem with searching.
> I am not sure what the problem is. But, I think it has some thing to do with
> the operating system or JAVA!.
> by the way, these are my system specifications:
> OS: Ubuntu 10.10
> Browser: Chromium

I do see the same problem as you using Chromium on Ubuntu, but have no
trouble using Firefox.

Even more strange, it only happens with the Numpy and Scipy
documentation, not Sphinx documentation I've built for my own
projects.

I guess the workaround is to try using Firefox on Ubuntu..

Cheers,
Scott