[Numpy-discussion] half-float review/pull request

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe@gmail....
Wed Nov 17 19:47:58 CST 2010

I've created a ticket and a pull request for the half-float type I
implemented.  Since my previous email, I've moved the half implementation
into npymath so modules using numpy can do half-float code as well.  There
are a few key things that in my mind should get some discussion before
saying this is final:

* The character code for half.  I chose 'j' because 'h' was already taken by
the 16-bit integer type, but maybe there's a reason to choose a different
letter.
* The API in npymath (or libndarray once refactoring is merged).  I've tried
to make it clean and follow numpy or ieee-754 conventions, but maybe it
could be improved a bit.

Here's the pull request:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/16

Thanks,