[Numpy-discussion] How to import input data to make ndarray for batch processing?

Nadav Horesh nadavh@visionsense....
Thu Nov 18 09:02:33 CST 2010

Do you want to save the file to disk as 100x100 matrices, or just to read them into the memory?
Are the files in ascii or binary format?

  Nadav
From: numpy-discussion-bounces@scipy.org [numpy-discussion-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Venkat [dvr002@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 November 2010 16:49
To: Discussion of Numerical Python
Subject: [Numpy-discussion] How to import input data to make ndarray for        batch processing?

Hi All,
I am new to Numpy (also Scipy).

I am trying to reshape my text data which is in one single column (10,000 rows).
I want the data to be in 100x100 array form.

I have many files to convert like this. All of them are having file names like 0, 1, 2, ....500. with out any extension.
Actually, I renamed actual files so that I can import them in Matlab for batch processing.
Since Matlab also new for me, I thought I will try Numpy first.

Can any body help me in writing the script to do this for making batch processing.

Thanks in advance,
Venkat
D.Venkat
Research Scholar