[Numpy-discussion] How to import input data to make ndarray for batch processing?

Lutz Maibaum lutz.maibaum@gmail....
Thu Nov 18 15:05:14 CST 2010

On Nov 18, 2010, at 6:49 AM, Venkat wrote:
> I am trying to reshape my text data which is in one single column (10,000 rows).
> I want the data to be in 100x100 array form.

If all you want to do is converting the actual files, and you are using a unix-ish operating system, you don't even need python:

paste - - - - - - - - - - < filename > newfilename

should do the trick, without any assumptions on the type of data or change in precision due to reading/writing.

Hope this helps,

  Lutz