[Numpy-discussion] Matlab IO Warning in mio5.py

Alexander Kain lxkain@gmail....
Mon Nov 22 17:30:59 CST 2010

> It's not an error but a harmless (although confusing) warning message.
> You should be able to filter it by adding the following to
> scipy/__init__.py:
>
> import warnings
> warnings.filterwarnings(action='ignore', message='.*__builtin__.file
> size changed.*')
>
> Can you check if that works for you?

Worked on my system! osx 10.6.5, python 2.6, numpy 1.5.1, scipy 0.8!

Need to add useless stuff to satisfy the condition that
there be more newtext than quoted. Argh.
And more:
Your email address below has to be valid.
An authorization email will be sent to you after posting. You
have to reply to that message to confirm that you exist.
After you've confirmed your existence, the message will
then be forwarded to the mailing list.