[Numpy-discussion] Type of init_numpy()?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Nov 28 11:07:19 CST 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:52:05 -0700, Bruce Sherwood wrote:
> For Python 2.x, init_numpy() was void on all platforms.
>
> For Python 3.1, I find experimentally that init_numpy() is int on
> Windows (but still void on Mac, and I think also void on Ubuntu Linux).
>
> Is this a bug?

There is no symbol or function called "init_numpy" in Numpy. What symbol
did you actually mean?

If you meant "import_array()", it is a macro, which on Python 3 contains
a "return NULL;" statement and Python 2 a "return;".

--
Pauli Virtanen