[Numpy-discussion] Schedule for 1.5.1?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Oct 5 18:49:36 CDT 2010

Hi,

Should we set a date for a bugfix 1.5.1 release? There are some bugs that
would be nice to sort out in the 1.5.x series:

Any Python versions:

- #1605 (Cython vs. PEP-3118 issue: raising exceptions with active
         cython buffers caused undefined behavior. Breaks Sage.)
- #1617 (Ensure complex(np.longcomplex(...)) doesn't drop the imag part)
- Fix doc build

Python 3 specific:

- #1604 (//-issue in distutils; infinite loop in some cases :)
- #1609 (dotblas was never used on Python 3)
- #1610 (fromfile/tofile did not stay in sync with Python 3 file handle
         position -- breaks e.g. scipy.io pretty badly)
- f2py startup script didn't run properly on Py3

Not so many fixes so far, but I'd like to see a Numpy release with #1610
fixed before releasing Scipy with Python 3 support. Since 2.0.0 breaks
binary compatibility and merging the refactoring back may take some time,
it would be nice to have another 1.5.x release.

Ralf & c, opinions? I'd maybe suggest somewhere on the Oct/Nov axis.

	Pauli