[Numpy-discussion] puzzle with boolean dtype

Wed Oct 6 17:46:12 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/6/2010 5:52 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> > What would you want in it's place? For consistancy, a**0 == all_true,
> a**i == a, i > 0?
>
> Yes.
>
> Alan Isaac
>
> PS Boolean matrix powers are well defined and useful.
> I found this oddity by accidentally creating an array instead of a matrix.

Open an enhancement ticket then, with clear instructions as to what you
want. What about fractional/negative exponents? I mean, the definition
extends to positive rationals without problem given a discontinuity when the
exponent goes to zero but negative exponents are a problem for False.

Chuck