[Numpy-discussion] numpy mac binary for Python 2.7: which version is it for?

Thu Oct 7 05:25:22 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Russell E. Owen <rowen@uw.edu> wrote:

> There are two Python 2.7 installers available at python.org a 32 bit
> version for MacOS X 10.3.9 and later and a 64 bit version for Mac OS X
> 10.5 and later.
>
> There is one numpy 1.5.0 binary installer for Mac Python 2.7. Which Mac
> python was it built for? (Or if it is compatible with both, how did you
> manage that?).
>
> It was built with the 10.5 binary from python.org, but works (at least for
me) with the 10.3 binary as well. I didn't do anything special for that, and
as far as I understand it should just work out of the box. The only
difference is that the 10.3 python binary does not support the x86_64
architecture, but since the numpy binary also supports 32-bit intel and ppc
arches those can be used by python.

Cheers,
Ralf