[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] Bento 0.0.4 release
Sun Oct 10 01:21:42 CDT 2010
I am pleased to announce the release 0.0.4 for Bento. This release is
a significant milestone, as it is able to build both numpy and scipy
on some platforms (Linux and mac os x).
The main features are:
- New hooks to modify, override compilation options on a per
- Recursive package description support
- Option to generate a python module containing all install paths,
to avoid using __file__ without depending on complex tools ala
- Improved documentation
- Some work toward python 3 support (does not work yet for complex packages)
Concerning numpy/scipy bento-based builds, a few interesting facts:
- amount of code for both numpy/scipy is smaller than scons-based
or distutils-based builds.
- by playing a bit with options and using clang, you can build a
full debug build of numpy in 5-6 seconds, and ~ 40 seconds for scipy
on a recent computer.
- _bento_build branches for numpy and scipy are found on my
You can download bento on github: http://github.com/cournape/Bento,
and look at the documentation on
More information about the NumPy-Discussion