[Numpy-discussion] Development workflow

Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Wed Oct 13 02:10:49 CDT 2010

On 10/12/10 10:33 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Pierre GM<pgmdevlist@gmail.com>  wrote:

>> to commit were quite minimal (just a few lines in a test), but I obviously
>> included some stuffs I didn't want too...
>>>
>>> No worries. Unless someone beats me to it, I will revert your changes
>>> tomorrow morning (in 6-7 hours), so that you can reapply them as you
>>> intended.
>>
>> I gonna try again in a couple of hours. Looks like I need to specifically
>> exclude the files created by a `python setup.py develop`. Would it be worth
>> to add those files in the numpy/.gitignore ? I just put some in my
>> .git/info/exclude.
>>

> What is curious is how the project files got added in the first place ;) But
> Jarrod committed an improved .gitignore file that should help. I always run
> git status before committing anything unless I am going to specify the files
> to commit.

I'll add that I find "git gui" invaluable, especially while I'm learning
the multitude of git options.  I can quickly see at a glance all
changes, stage/unstage lines, hunks, or files (by right-clicking on the
line/hunk, or clicking on the icon next to the file), and double-check
that everything is the way I want it.  I can also check a box to amend
the last commit (and see exactly what that last commit was).

Thanks,

Jason