[Numpy-discussion] Need help for the migration from Numeric to numpy

Thu Oct 14 11:13:52 CDT 2010

On 10/14/10 12:20 AM, Frank Thommen wrote:
> I'm trying to help a user to migrate from Numeric to numpy.  I found
> reference to alter_code1.py on
> http://numpy.scipy.org/old_array_packages.html.

How much code is this?

I always just did the conversion by hand (with search and replace, of
course!) -- it was never a big deal. It gave me the opportunity to tweak
the code to ways that work better in numpy anyway.

Unless you've got a LOT of code to do, I'd just change "Numeric" to
"numpy" and start testing.

Or run the conversion script, then test -- but I'd look at a diff too,
just to make sure you understand what the script did.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov