[Numpy-discussion] Need help for the migration from Numeric to numpy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Oct 14 13:56:04 CDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
>> We are speaking of potentially several hundred files.  It's part of the
>> scientific work of the user of the last nine years...
>
> Let's hope he's got some tests!

Yup.  I converted a very complex code from Numeric to numpy years ago
(around the numpy 1.0 release timeframe), and it was a single (long,
intense and focused) day's work.  But that was thanks to a very solid
test suite that let me be systematic and dumb about the whole thing
(careful, but dumb).

With no good test coverage, let's just say that the OP's colleague is
in for a personal replay of the painful minefield scene in the BAT*21
movie :) [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094712]

Cheers,