[Numpy-discussion] help from OS X 10.5 users wanted

Fri Oct 15 21:26:23 CDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Friedrich Romstedt <
friedrichromstedt@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more question: Do we support any external library in the official
> binaries?  I've heard the names MKL and BLAS, LAPACK, ... all stuff I
> don't know really tbh, but do we have to install them?
>
> No, OS X ships with the Accelerate framework (which contains BLAS and
LAPACK), that's all that's needed.

> On the http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/MakingReleases page,
> Cython is mentioned, I've seen no call to cython while compiling, it
> that correct?  (Cython is installed anyway)

Cython is not needed. The C sources generated from Cython code are checked
into the repo, so you only need Cython if you want to work on actual Cython
code. I'll clarify that in the doc.

Ralf